Favorite Social Media book

With the end of the semester coming up, it's time to reflect on what I learned throughout the fall. And since we just finished our last book in Social Media Principles, I feel it's fitting to talk about which one I think was the best.

We read three books over the course of this semester: "The Art of Social Media," the "Social Media Marketing Workbook" and "Measure What Matters." All of the books had their pros and cons, but if I had to pick my favorite one, it would be "The Art of Social Media."

That may seem weird based on some of the posts I wrote about it, but I think it does a great job of being an introduction to social media. It has a lot of good information, although that is mixed in with weird/bad advice sometimes (*cough* Google+ *cough*), it admits that it isn't perfect. And it's not meant to be an in-depth analysis of social media, but an introduction to some ideas that and practices that you come across on the platforms.

It sets itself apart from the other two in this way, because the other books are much more technical and can be overwhelming sometimes. Or in the case of "Measure What Matters," it can be frustratingly repetitive at times. Every chapter of "The Art of Social Media" felt like it was introducing a new concept, platform or whatever, but doing it in such a way that it was easily accessible to whoever was reading it. That's where this book truly rose above the others.

That's my two cents on it, and I think the book has a lot of potential to help a lot of people out with the basics of social media and get them interested in what the power of social
media can be.

Comments

Popular Posts